Fresh Flavors: Signature Sweets by Mon and Pao


(Instagram account: @signaturesweetsbymonandpao)

I came across this particular online sweets shop, Signature Sweets by Mon and Pao (by Ms. Paola and Monica), when I was browsing through the #cupcakesph tag. The account caught my attention not only because they have one hell of an IG account name but also, because their posts on Instagram look terrifyingly enticing. They don't have a lot of followers for now but, I didn't care! (Usually, I do care since I use that as basis for IG shopping. The more followers an IG seller has, the less chance she's going to be a 'bogus' seller).


Signature Sweets by Mon and Pao


From their relatively small lineup of cookies and cupcakes, two kept appearing on my fantasies: the Chocolate Valencia Cookies and the Oreo-Crusted Snickerdoodles. Two flavors, I realize, I associate with the scents of freshness and vitality. :)

So naturally, being a seefood eater, I went ahead and ordered. Let me tell you, I applaud Ms. Paola's incredible patience. You see, when I order stuff online, I am ridiculously inquisitive and eager. It took a few texts before I understood the delivery process and everything. Hahaha. In my defense, I wanted to clarify things first so I know what address I should give. Anyway, so I've finally understood and paid for my order.

When the order came, they were delivered in plastic wraps which is totally fine with me if they were regular cookies. But they were moist/chewy cookies. Something I would want handled carefully or else they easily crumble. Also, they were piled on top of each other like regular cookies. But because they're the moist kind, they kind of...stuck together and the cookie kind of fell apart when I was trying to get a piece.

Oreo-crusted Snickerdoodles
(P280/dozen)
Chocolate Valencia Cookies
(P110/half dozen)

The first I tried was the Oreo-crusted Snickerdoodles and I loved it. For those of you who, like me, are not familiar with snickerdoodles, they are usually thin and a type of cookie that is usually rolled into a mixture of sugar and cinnamon. It was both and crunchy and soft and the mint was all over each cookie. It was Oreo-crusted, which appealed to me because most of the time, I only like the Oreo cookies and not the vanilla filling. I knoooow, sacrilegious! But anyway, so yes, I absolutely loved the snickerdoodles. Even my friends loved it! There were twelve (12) deliciously addictive cookies in a pack. It was so bittersweet seeing that last bite go into my mouth.

Oreo-crusted Snickerdoodles


Snickerdoodles bursting with Andes Mint inside

The Chocolate Valencia Cookies are unique and also, very very impressive. The cookies are made of orange zest and dark chocolate. The taste was neither too chocolate-y nor too orange-y, which was why I was so impressed. A bite gives you an influence of both the flavors so delightfully fighting dominance over your taste buds. I find it even more delicious when they are warm so if do order, you might want to pop them in the microwave at a low heat for a few seconds. It melts the chocolate and softens the cookie. Don't have them in there for too long, though, or you're going to end up with a cookie too moist inside and too hard outside. Unless you really prefer it that way.

Chocolate Valencia Cookies

Blend of dark chocolate and orange zest

So far, I definitely loved their cookies. :) I wanted to try their cupcakes but unfortunately they can't deliver cupcakes unless you buy a box per flavor.


No comments:

Post a Comment