Review: Seven Eves

Seven Eves Seven Eves by Neal Stephenson
My rating: 0 of 5 stars

DNF. I tried. I really did. :(


Made it until the beginning of Part Two. But it got to the point where all structural description became so hard to follow that my mind began to wander and I got completely lost. Remember on my first update that I said that I see it so fascinating, so I kept on repeating paragraphs over and over again because I did not want to miss out on anything? Well, it got harder as the book progressed. Having characters that are so hard to sympathize with, despite their leeeengthy (tedious) backgrounds spelled out for you, made it even harder to push through.


In my humble opinion, I would've enjoyed this book if accompanied with lots and lots of pictures. Given the premise and the outstanding reviews, I still don't want to give up on this book permanently. That's why I'm not rating it yet. Shelving this book to "will try it for another time." Maybe if I can get my hands on an illustrated version, I'd be happier. ;)


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment